Wednesday, January 15, 2014

National Strawberry Ice Cream Day - January 15th

Nothing like brain freeze* in the middle of winter... celebrate Strawberry Ice Cream Day on January 15th! Strawberry ice cream is #3 in popularity after vanilla and chocolate.

We've had tons of snow here this season, and I really feel like I should try making snow ice cream with it. Seems simple enough: FRESH snow, sugar, vanilla, milk... stir and serve. I even have frozen strawberries from what we picked last summer! (I'll let you know if I do make some.)

* In case you're curious, "brain freeze," or more commonly known as an ice cream headache, is caused by something cold on the upper palate, making nerves respond by rapidly constricting blood vessels. The dilation of those vessels as they warm up again stimulates pain receptors. Fortunately, this kind of headache is pretty fleeting.


Available at Amazon.

No comments: