Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October Foodie Holidays: Week 3

Oct. 15: Chicken Cacciatore Day, Roast Pheasant Day
Oct. 16: World Bread Day, World Food Day
Oct. 17: Pasta Day
Oct. 18: Chocolate Cupcake Day
Oct. 19: Seafood Bisque Day, Oatmeal Muffin Day
Oct. 20: Brandied Fruit Day
Oct. 21: Pumpkin Cheesecake Day, Caramel Apple Day, Apple Day

Several of the men on my husband's side are avid outdoorsmen. Game is often on the menu (watch out for the birdshot!), and it is from one of those men that I have this recipe, from my mother-in-law's brother. (Yeah, I know it's not "Roast Pheasant," I didn't have one for roast pheasant.)


"Famous" Pheasant
pheasant breasts
flour
butter
2 Tbsp. soy sauce, or to taste
Directions: Cut pheasant breasts in strips or chunks and dredge in flour. Place in a skillet well greased with butter. Cook on low (250ºF) until brown. Add soy sauce. Cook 20-22 minutes. Serve on wild rice or dressing.

No comments: